- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
If you run into troubles, it is always a good habit to report the following information:
as well as the value of the relevant environmental variables, such OMP_NUM_THREADS, etc.
This information helps us a lot when figuring out what is going on with your compilation
- the way build.mrcc was invoked
- the output of build.mrcc
- compiler version (for example: ifort -V, gfortran -v)
- blas/lapack versions
- as well as gcc and glibc versions
as well as the value of the relevant environmental variables, such OMP_NUM_THREADS, etc.
This information helps us a lot when figuring out what is going on with your compilation
Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
2 days 3 hours ago #1661
by mhvg1994
Replied by mhvg1994 on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Okay, that partly worked... MRCC is now looking in the correct directory for the libraries, but for some reason it's not finding them. In the ./build/ directory there are bin, include and lib directories, all created when I installed libxc. ls from the lib directory gives:
libxcf03.la libxcf03.so.15 libxc.la libxc.so.15 pkgconfig
libxcf03.so libxcf03.so.15.1.2 libxc.so libxc.so.15.1.2
However, for some reason, I'm still getting the error that the LibXC directories aren't found in /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build/lib.
Should I try reinstalling LibXC? I'm not sure what difference it would make, but if you think it would help...?
libxcf03.la libxcf03.so.15 libxc.la libxc.so.15 pkgconfig
libxcf03.so libxcf03.so.15.1.2 libxc.so libxc.so.15.1.2
However, for some reason, I'm still getting the error that the LibXC directories aren't found in /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build/lib.
Should I try reinstalling LibXC? I'm not sure what difference it would make, but if you think it would help...?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- i.s.ger
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 5
2 days 2 hours ago - 2 days 2 hours ago #1662
by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
You have dynamic build. Maybe you should comment .a files detection and uncomment .la.
I used that command yesterday to compile LibXC 7.0.0 statically using ifort/icx (and it works, hehe):
cmake -Bbuild -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=icx -DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=ifort -DENABLE_FORTRAN=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(pwd)/install
Then copied installed library into proper place.
And it produced only .a files and that's why I removed .la detection of libxc in build.mrcc.common.
Probably that check is imperfect.
I used that command yesterday to compile LibXC 7.0.0 statically using ifort/icx (and it works, hehe):
cmake -Bbuild -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=icx -DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=ifort -DENABLE_FORTRAN=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(pwd)/install
Then copied installed library into proper place.
And it produced only .a files and that's why I removed .la detection of libxc in build.mrcc.common.
Probably that check is imperfect.
Last edit: 2 days 2 hours ago by i.s.ger.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
2 days 1 hour ago #1663
by mhvg1994
Replied by mhvg1994 on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Swapping the comments in the config file fixed it!
It's compiling with a LOT of warnings (type and rank mismatches), though, and more errors than I think is probably healthy... I even saw a fatal error at one point. Expected the build to stop, but it's still running...
It's compiling with a LOT of warnings (type and rank mismatches), though, and more errors than I think is probably healthy... I even saw a fatal error at one point. Expected the build to stop, but it's still running...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- i.s.ger
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 5
2 days 23 minutes ago #1664
by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Now you can relax... With GCC, MRCC compilation will take like 12-20 hours. I do not remember exact time.
If there are errors, let's wait until first run of ./build.mrcc. Maybe some of them in integ.f and other files about libxc modules since it might not able to find them properly. For the other files I do not know.
Do you use GCC 15/16? It might raise some problems... With GCC 14.1, I was able to compile MRCC 25.1.3. I did not compile GCC 16.X for testing MRCC 26.X.Y yet.
If there are errors, let's wait until first run of ./build.mrcc. Maybe some of them in integ.f and other files about libxc modules since it might not able to find them properly. For the other files I do not know.
Do you use GCC 15/16? It might raise some problems... With GCC 14.1, I was able to compile MRCC 25.1.3. I did not compile GCC 16.X for testing MRCC 26.X.Y yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
1 day 6 hours ago - 1 day 6 hours ago #1665
by mhvg1994
Replied by mhvg1994 on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Okay, I just checked, and the version of gfortran in this easybuild module is 13.3.0...
Could this be part of why there are so many errors/warnings? Might it cause the installation to fail?
One other thing before I embark on this epic compilation: Part of the reason I want to do this is to interface MRCC with CFOUR. On our HPC, CFOUR was compiled with GNU compilers and so cannot be loaded at the same time as the intel compilers. I'm hoping that running MRCC's CCSD(T) calculations through CFOUR will both allow MRCC to use the analytic gradients while also speeding up the calculations themselves (CFOUR doesn't parallelise well...). Is this basically what happens, or does running MRCC through CFOUR (or vice versa) not provide any speed advantages? If it doesn't, I might just install it with the intel compilers again and save a lot of time...
Could this be part of why there are so many errors/warnings? Might it cause the installation to fail?
One other thing before I embark on this epic compilation: Part of the reason I want to do this is to interface MRCC with CFOUR. On our HPC, CFOUR was compiled with GNU compilers and so cannot be loaded at the same time as the intel compilers. I'm hoping that running MRCC's CCSD(T) calculations through CFOUR will both allow MRCC to use the analytic gradients while also speeding up the calculations themselves (CFOUR doesn't parallelise well...). Is this basically what happens, or does running MRCC through CFOUR (or vice versa) not provide any speed advantages? If it doesn't, I might just install it with the intel compilers again and save a lot of time...
Last edit: 1 day 6 hours ago by mhvg1994.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- i.s.ger
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 5
1 day 3 hours ago #1666
by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
No, old versions (I've tested 10.5, 11.2, 13.4) can compile MRCC well...
Can you show example of errors? I've just recompiled without optimizations without LibXC and see only warnings (+linking error from -lblas -llapack). I suppose you see them from Libxc interfaces.
For better perf, you have to link MRCC with some performance-oriented BLAS/LAPACK, not with default -lblas -llapack.
Can you show example of errors? I've just recompiled without optimizations without LibXC and see only warnings (+linking error from -lblas -llapack). I suppose you see them from Libxc interfaces.
For better perf, you have to link MRCC with some performance-oriented BLAS/LAPACK, not with default -lblas -llapack.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds