If you have problems during the execution of MRCC, please attach the output with an adequate description of your case as well as the followings:
  • the way mrcc was invoked
  • the way build.mrcc was invoked
  • the output of build.mrcc
  • compiler version (for example: ifort -V, gfortran -v)
  • blas/lapack versions
  • as well as gcc and glibc versions

This information really helps us during troubleshooting :)

Problems with MR-CISD: some results differ from same calc. done using other prog

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #1329 by EvGen
Dear Mihaly,

This is related to my previous post about MR-CISD calculations:

www.mrcc.hu/index.php/forum/running-mrcc...-on-hf-orbitals#1314

I have found out that some results of my MR-CISD calculations using MRCC do NOT agree with the results of a similar calculation obtained using another program (gamess-us). For the example I used before (h2o), the MRCC solutions in a1 and b1 symmetry agree well with those obtained with gamess-us. However, for the b2 and a2 symmetries, there are disagreements between MRCC and gamess-us.
Because I am calculating cationic states, could it be that MRCC also finds quadruplet states?

Kind regards,
Evgeniy

PS: Incidentally, the ccmaxit option does not seem to work, at least in the case of these calculations. I mean it is read in, but the number of CI iterations remains unchanged, as by default (50).

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by EvGen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kallay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Mihaly Kallay
More
1 year 1 month ago #1330 by kallay
Dear Evgeniy,
Yes, it is possible. We have a determinant-based CI, and one can get states of higher multiplicity, only Sz can be fixed.

Best regards,
Mihaly Kallay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds